Teachers as Scholars is funded through school and school district membership fees with support from donations and grants.
Membership entitles your school or district to the following:
- A number of teacher slots depending on membership level (e.g.10, 20, 30). The school or district is responsible for selecting those teachers, who then sign up for TAS seminars.
- An additional free seat for a school administrator;
- Reimbursement of required course materials up to 50%;
- Subsidized school visits from TAS scholars; and
- Participation in the TAS Travel Program and in other special events conducted during the program year.
Membership fees are most often paid through Professional Development funds, but some schools’ memberships are paid through local education foundations or teachers’ unions.
If you are interested in how your school or district can become a member of TAS, contact us.